How Do I Find and Embed the Multi-Property Calendar?
The multi-property calendar can be embedded in your website allowing the guest to easily check availability and rates without leaving your website. Or you can link to the same calendar hosted at Lodgix.
The multi-property calendar is responsive and will adjust it's width when used within a responsive theme or page on your website.
Multi-Property Calendar Setup
The primary benefit of the multi-property calendar for your guests is they can see all of your availability for all of your units at-a-glance. This is a very nice feature because most guests do not have their travel dates set in stone. If they find a unit they like and they find dates are available, many times they can adjust their work schedules to accommodate. However, if you don't provide a multi unit calendar and choose to have multiple single-unit calendars, or force the guest to enter an arrival date before they can view what units are available - you are missing out on multiple bookings and creating a poor experience for the guest, many of whom will leave and go book somewhere else.
The sequence markers in the above above correlate to the list below:
- Cell Dimensions. This sets the height & width of each cell. The recommended setting = 26. But you can set it lower or higher based upon preference.
- Availability Type (Half or Full). The calendar above is an example of HALF. Check-in / Check-out days are shown as half days. If FULL is chosen, check-in dates would be completely blocked and check out days would be empty.
- The property name column width can be adjusted. We recommend setting it so all properties can be displayed on one line for optimal viewing.
- Minimum Number of Days. 7 is a good setting.
- Maximum Number of Days. 0 is a good setting. Setting to zero will allow the calendar to change the width based upon the size of the device viewing the calendar.
- Weekend Shading (Friday / Saturday or / Sunday). This setting will change which days are denoted as the weekend on the calendar.
- Show Title. When checked the calendar below will display a header, this can be nice for displaying on pages where your organizations contact data is not present.
- Display Areas. This feature will only work if you have areas setup and assigned within the AREA MANAGER. It will allow you to group your properties by location, etc. within the calendar.
- Display Filters. Enabling this feature will display the arrival date filter on the calendar. A guest can enter an arrival date and the calendar will adjust to only display properties that have availability on that date.
- Initial Date. This setting is used by resorts that are only open certain periods each year. The date set here will display to the guest the start date of the next season on the calendar, rather the requiring that the guest scroll through dates to reach the start date of the next season to check availability.
- Embed Code. This piece of HTML needs to be copied and pasted into your website where you wish the calendar to appear. Each time you update the appearance of the calendar your calendar will update automatically.