Rate and Rule Settings
There are several rate and rule settings that can be configured for each property. These are accessible from the Rates tab of the property edit screen.
- Navigate to the Rates > Rate Settings tab of the property edit screen
- Weekly Rates - Enable/Disable weekly rates
- Monthy Rates - Enable/Disable monthly rates
- Per Person Rates - Enable/Disable per person rates, and specify if children are included in the total guest calculation.
- Require Guest Names and Ages - Enable/Disable. Note that per person rates must be turned ON to require guest names and ages.
- Rate Calculation for Partial Week - Select how you would like to calculate the rate for a booking that spans a partial week/month. You can use the nightly rate or prorate the weekly/monthly rate.
- Rate Calculation for Multiple Rate Periods - Select how you would like to calculate the rate for a booking that spans multiple rate periods. You can choose to use the higher rate, the lower rate, or prorate each rate.
- Monthly Rate Month Length - Sets the length of a month for your monthly rate calculation. Options are 28 days, 30 days, or the reservation start day month length.
- Rate Notes - Additional notes related to the rate settings for this property.
- Navigate to the Rates > Rule Settings tab of the property edit screen
- Arrival Day Rules - Enable/Disable a specific arrival day requirement
- Departure Day Rules - Enable/Disable a specific departure day requirement
- Minimum Stay Availability - Choose how you would like to handle situations where the available nights are less than the required minimum nights for that time period. You can choose to ignore the minimum night rule and allow the booking, or enforce the minimum night rule and not allow bookings in this situation.
- If you choose to ignore the minimum night rule and allow the booking, you can specify how many nights must be booked to accept the reservation.
- Arrival/Departure Day Availability - In the same scenario as above, choose if you will allow guests to arrive/depart on different days of the week if the required days are not available.
Notes About Rule Settings
A few notes regarding the application of the rule settings on this page...
- The minimum night rules in place on the arrival day are enforced for the entire reservation.
- Departure day rules are based on the rule applied to the departure date, not the arrival date.
- Lodgix, Airbnb, and HomeAway all follow the same rules for minimum nights and arrival/departure day rules.