Assessing Channel Commission to Owners

Some channels charge a commission on every booking.  It's not uncommon for a property manager to require reimbursement for those channel fees from their owners.   This support article illustrates how to pass through channel commissions to owners via the owner statement.

Go to Modules > Property Management

Go to Modules > Property Management

...select the owner and then navigate to the Property tab.

There you will find a setting to "Assess Channel Commissions to Owner", if set to Yes, the channel commissions will pass through to the owner statement.

How to Set Channel Commissions

Navigate to settings > channel management > integrations

The commission set here, will be increased by the Lodgix commissions that are assessed per channel  (Airbnb +1%, Booking.com / Expedia +2%).  So if Booking.com charges 15%, and Lodgix charges 2% the combined 17% commission amount will pass through to the owner via the owner statement.

Management Commission Calculation

Management commissions (1) can be calculated in several ways, depending on the settings chosen.

Custom fees can be assessed to the owner statement per invoice (3) The calculation of the management commission (1) can include those fees (Gross) or exclude them (Net).

If channel commissions are assessed to the owner (2), there are two additional options. The management commission can still be calculated as Gross or Net, but there are also options to calculate the commission without including channel commissions in the calculation. Each option is explained below...

  • Gross = rental rate + custom fees + channel commission
  • Net = rental rate + channel commission
  • Gross less Channel Commission = rental rate + custom fees
  • Net less Channel Commission = rental rate only