Creating Properties on Lodgix from HomeAway / VRBO Listings
Property setup is always the first task any new Lodgix account. Since most property managers already have existing listings on HomeAway / VRBO, we've developed a slick and efficient tool to import properties from HomeAway into Lodgix.
Go to Properties > List all Properties
Step 1: Authorize Lodgix to Access HomeAway
Step 2: What Kind of User are You?
Step 3: Grant Access
Click the "Grant Access" button.
Step 4: Choose Which Properties to Import into Lodgix
- Select the property(s) for importing
- Click "Import Selected Properties" button
Note: When importing properties, all reviews for those properties on HomeAway will also be imported into Lodgix.
Step 5: Import Reservations
- Once the property(s) have been imported, the buttons for "Import Reservations" and "Delete Reservations" become active.
- Clicking on Import Reservations will open a window. Please make sure that you've setup AND ASSIGNED all taxes and fees before importing reservations from HomeAway. The import will not modify any existing Lodgix reservations or overwrite them, if a conflict exists, the reservation will simply fail to import.
Go to Properties > List All Properties
All properties imported from HomeAway must be Enabled as by default they are set to a disabled state.
That's it, you are done!
Some subscribers have reported receiving a "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" error when attempting to grant access. This error occurs on the HomeAway side and has something to do with their cookies. If that occurs, here is a reliable way to import properties from your HomeAway / VRBO account:
- Open a new browser tab and go to https://www.homeaway.com/
- Login as Traveler with your VRBO / HomeAway owner credentials.
- Go back to the Lodgix tab and click on the button "Authorize Access".
- Click on either the "Traveler" or the "Owner" button - one you're logged in, both work the same.
- Click on "Grant Access".