Multi Unit Calendar Functionality
The Lodgix.com Multi Unit Calendar is the most advanced booking calendar available on the Internet today. Detailed specifications on its functionality are highlighted below. Click here for detailed setup and interface options.
Tooltips are used extensively throughout the calendar. For browsers that are not touch aware, the tooltips appear by rolling your mouse over the area. For mobile browsers that are touch enabled, the tooltips appear on click.
"The tooltip is a common graphical user interface element. It is used in conjunction with a cursor, usually a pointer. The user hovers the pointer over an item, without clicking it, and a tooltip may appear—a small "hover box" with information about the item being hovered over."
In the image above, a tooltip appears when the property name is hovered over with the cursor. The tooltip displays additional information about the property including the number of bedrooms, baths, and how many people the property sleeps. If provided, the property name is hyperlinked to the specific URL on your website where additional information on the property can be found.
Dates are displayed in three areas:
- At the top of the calendar
- At the bottom of the calendar
- Within the tooltip for each date
Providing date display in all three areas aids subscribers with larger calendars where they may have so many properties listed that the top of the calendar scrolls off the screen.
The tooltips display any rules that are set up for the property. If a rule is not met, the reservation cannot proceed and no "Click to Book Now" text is displayed. As you see in the illustration above, the user clicked on Tuesday to check in, but this subscriber requires a Saturday arrival, so no booking option is shown.
Enforceable rules include:
- Minimum night rules
- Arrival day rules
- Departure Day rules
- <24 hour to arrival rules
<24 Hour to Arrival (last minute bookings)
Last Minute Discounts
The entire booking process is quite simple:
- The guest scrolls through various dates and is informed of availability, rates, and rules for the dates in questions. An arrival date is selected.
- Lodgix calculates the options for number of nights. This number will vary depending on number of nights available, any minimum night rules in effect, etc. The guest selects the number of nights.
- A quote summary window appears displaying a breakdown of the charges for the stay. If a subscriber has rates that vary by the number of guests in the group, the rates will adjust on the fly when the number of adults / kids are adjusted.
- If the guests require more than one property, additional properties can be selected from the drop down box and added to the reservation.
- Book Now button proceeds with the booking on Lodgix.com