Deposits / Fees / Services / Taxes
All deposits, fees, taxes and services must first be defined and then assigned to (or removed from) all (or individual) properties. It is probably best to do this step AFTER all of your inventory has been added to Lodgix.
Please navigate to:
Settings > Inventory > Deposit / Fees / Services / Taxes
There are five tabs that comprise the Universal Property Template:
- Reservation Deposit. Amount required to secure the reservation. This is prepaid rent.
- Security Deposit. Amount required in addition to the reservation deposit. A security deposit is always refundable and is never counted as income.
- Taxes. Amount required by state, city and municipal taxing authorities. Either a % or a per night flat fee.
- Fees. Cleaning fees, processing fees, damage protection, travel insurance, etc. Either a % or a flat fee.
- Services. Optional components of a reservation. Usually ancillary items like firewood, chef, ski lift tickets, grocery delivery, etc.
Add New Tax, Fee, Service or Deposit
Where are no current fees, services, taxes, etc. defined an Add ____ button will be present. Click the ADD Fee (or ADD Service, etc.) button to setup a new fee, service, tax or deposit.
If there are existing fees, services or taxes defined, then click the "+" icon located to the far right of any existing fee, service or deposit which will trigger the window to add a fee, service or deposit.