TripAdvisor / Flipkey / HolidayLettings.co.uk Integration
Lodgix is integrated to TripAdvisor which comprises TripAdvisor.com, FlipKey.com and HolidayLettings.co.uk.
TripAdvisor requires five (5) or more property listings to qualify for the integration. The feed will sync availability and reservations, edit and create listings and pull inquiries for all TripAdvisor properties.
Go to Settings > Channel Management > Integrations
Please reach out to the TripAdvisor sales team to establish the connectivity between Lodgix and TripAdvisor. This is true for both new and existing TripAdvisor accounts.
email@example.com or fill out this form: https://www.tripadvisor.com/RentalInsights/get-started
In your correspondence, please include your TripAdvisor account ID (existing TA clients only) and your Lodgix user id. Your Lodgix user id can be found here:
Once the connection is complete, TripAdvisor support will confirm the connection and inform the property manager to return to Lodgix to complete the property mappings.
On Lodgix, go to the TripAdvisor integration page here:
That will trigger a request to TA. If TA confirms the connection, and if you have existing TA listings, they will populate the interface (see next image). If TA does not have the connection setup yet, you will only see the standard instructional text.
For existing TripAdvisor listings, choose the associated Lodgix property from the dropdown and match to the correct TA listing. Map all listings.
Once all TA listings are correctly mapped to Lodgix properties, and the interface refreshed, the screen will look like this:
Important Next Steps
- When a property is first sync'd with TripAdvisor, the newly created TripAdvisor listing does not become active automatically. You must login to TripAdvisor to manually activate all new listings.
- To check if a property is active, select the property and click on the Check Active button. That will query TA to see if the property is active. Once a listing is in the active state, it will evenutally appear live on the TripAdvisor site. This can take 24 hours or more. Listings on TripAdvisor partner sites go live much quicker. For example to check if a listing is live on Flipkey, enter the URL: https://www.flipkey.com/properties/xxxxxxxx/
substitute xxxxxxx with your TripAdvisor listing id.
- IMPORTANT! the following information cannot be changed after activation even if the listing is subsequently deactivated:
- property type
- beds outside bedrooms
PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY THE FOUR (4) FIELDS ABOVE BEFORE ACTIVATING A LISTING
There is no guarantee that the listing will be activated when requested. The following requirements must be met before TA will activate a listing:
- A listing cannot be activated until it is geocoded.
- At least 4 photos are required for activation.
- ‘listingTitle’ and ‘rentalDescription’ must be supplied in order to activate a listing.
- At least 1 bathroom is required for activation.
- maxOccupancy Required for activation.
- A default rate is required for activation
- certain requirements such as a billing address, payout settings, and verified email must be set within TA.
Other Important Notes
- TripAdvisor only accepts flat rate fees. Any fees entered as percentages will be converted to flat rates when parsed by TripAdvisor. So a 10% fee in Lodgix would become a $10 fee on TripAdvisor. Taxes are the opposite, and are calculated as percentages only.
- Synchronization occurs every 60 seconds. TripAdvisor doesn't provide booking push notifications. Unlike other channels, when a booking occurs on TA, TA does not immediately reach out to Lodgix to close those dates. The wait could be as long as two (2) minutes.
- Double bookings are possible (albeit rare) if a booking occurs on Lodgix within the two (2) minute interval. You will be notified via email about double bookings.