The QuickBooks Online Sync allows Lodgix subscribers to sync guest invoice and payment data with QuickBooks Online.
- Lodgix does not directly support the QuickBooks Online Sync. We have partnered with a very knowledgeable QuickBooks Online consultant, James Von der Lieth to review how the sync works and how it might (or might not) work with your current bookkeeping practices.
- Time spent with James is not free, nor is he an extension of our customer support team. He is simply an independent consultant whom we work with to help Lodgix clients navigate the world of vacation rental management accounting practices and QuickBooks Online.
- Lodgix will pay for the first hour of your time with James. However most companies will spend an addition $500 or more consulting with James doing such things as reviewing your current bookkeeping processes, establishing your chart of accounts, mapping your chart of accounts to Lodgix accounts, setting up classes within QuickBooks and mapping properties to classes in Lodgix and flushing out any errors that result from the initial sync.
- Getting the sync setup correctly can take a bit of time. There are many areas where the process can require troubleshooting during the initial sync. Troubleshooting itself can be time consuming considering that QuickBooks provides rather cryptic error messages.
Lodgix will not be able to help you if you do not work with James and / or you do not follow the sync instructions.
1. Schedule Time with James Von der Lieth
This step is extremely important. Lodgix has partnered with James to consult with Lodgix clients. We highly recommend that you schedule an initial hour with James to review your current QuickBooks company file to understand how the Lodgix QuickBooks Sync module will work best for you. James will work with your existing bookkeeper and accountant as a consultant helping to assure that your accounting data needs are being met by Lodgix.
James will act as the liaison between Lodgix and our QuickBooks Online Sync clients to assure that any issues, shortcomings and feature requests are brought to our attention.
James will be available for Lodgix clients to book 30 minute calls with him.
To schedule time with James, just submit a support ticket with Lodgix and a link will be provided to his online schedule.
Please print the Vacation Rental Best Accounting Practices document before contacting James:
2. Read This First!
- To avoid messing up your QuickBooks company file it's important to understand the purpose of the sync, what data is sync'd, how it's sync'd and why it's sync'd.
- To avoid messing up your QuickBooks company file it's important to understand the concept of Garbage In, Garbage Out. If your invoices in Lodgix have not all been brought to a zero balance, then all the sync'd invoices in QuickBooks will not have a zero balance and you'll have a mess.
- We recommend testing the sync first on a blank QuickBooks Online company file. Sign up for a throwaway QuickBooks Online account. The trial is free and it's a risk free way of seeing how the sync works without putting your real company file at risk. Once you've had some time to acclimate to the sync, you can then use it with a live company file.
3. Why Sync with QuickBooks Online and not QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Online (QBO) is the only supported Intuit platform. Lodgix has no plans to extend the sync to QuickBooks Desktop (QBD).
4. QuickBooks Online Requirements
QuickBooks Online offers several plans and frequently offers significant discounts. Please choose your plan carefully. Choose the Plus plan if you utilize "Classes" within QuickBooks. The Lodgix QBO sync supports classes, but you will need the QBO Plus package to take advantage of that feature.
5. Cost and How to Access
Adding the QuickBooks Online Sync module to your Lodgix account is as simple as going to Modules > QuickBooks within Lodgix. The monthly cost of the module will vary in accordance with your primary subscription. Pricing is outlined under the Optional Modules section here:
6. How Does The Sync Work? Are There Any Limitations?
Lodgix syncs all invoice and payments to QuickBooks If an invoice is updated, deleted or canceled within Lodgix, that change will sync to QuickBooks the next time the sync is initiated.
Sales Tax Reporting
Lodgix syncs invoice taxes as line items within QuickBooks. This is because a typical reservation can be subject to many different taxes. Local taxes, city taxes, state taxes and then some items within the invoice can be taxed while others are not. This does not work well within a typical QuickBooks invoice where all items are summed and then taxed. Because of this we have to sync Lodgix invoice taxes as line items within a QuickBooks invoice. The repercussion of this is that the more advanced sales tax reporting features of QuickBooks online can't be used. It's not a big deal, but it's important to note.